I am backing this amazing journey - a journey of selflessness, of love and of inspiration.
Three young men. One beautiful vision.
Please do yourself a favor and check it out - there's a great short video that explains their vision for the journey, then share the link on your Facebook pages and twitter and whatever else you can do!!
If everyone helps just a little, we can all be a part of helping them reach their goal! Let's make this dream a reality!!
Watch the video and then click this link to see more!
Sunday, March 9, 2014
The free book promotion was a great success with nearly 2,000 digital copies given away over a five day period! Much love and shout outs to all those who promoted the giveaway on their blogs, Facebook pages and Twitter feeds! The Kindle version now has the new cover and the new style print editions will be coming very soon - hopefully within the next couple of weeks!
Thanks so much to "Ida-Cow" and "Augray" - new readers who were kind enough to post reviews of the book on Amazon.
"This is a page turner of the best kind. Set in NYC, it's wonderfully descriptive of the mindsets of the various people who've either moved there, or lived their lives there and the interactions between them. But more importantly, and the main reason this book hit me so hard, was the angst of the Ledge sitter. And how one person, unwittingly can have life changing effects on people he may never meet. For me, it was an exquisitely written tale of dealing with pain, family, and life. I'd give this book to every teenager, no matter where they are living. But for those of us who look at the world and wonder why some of us don't make better choices, this was so fascinating. Just be prepared to stay awake because you may not be able to put it down…"
"I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. There were endless possibilities to other endings or creating a second writing continuing the story line. But, I am satisfied with the end. I would definitely read this author's writings again."
People really do read books based on other people's reviews, so if you've read the book and wouldn't mind leaving a review on Amazon I'd be super appreciative!
Monday, March 3, 2014
It's still free, for four more days! Letters From The Ledge is, at the moment, #9 on Amazon's best seller's page for Coming of Age and #20 on the best seller's page for Women's Fiction … so if you haven't read it yet, please download it now and tell me what you think! Or better yet, post a link to the download on your Facebook and twitter feeds!
Thanks so much!
This is the link!!
Thanks so much!
This is the link!!
Friday, February 28, 2014
Hey y'all! I know things have been kind of **crickets** around the blog lately but I just wanted to let everyone know that starting Sunday, March 2nd and for 5 days until March 6th, Letters From The Ledge will be FREE on Amazon Kindle.
It doesn't get much better than FREE, so if you haven't read it yet, this is your chance, and if you have, please spread the word and let people know! Even if you don't own a Kindle device, the free, downloaded file can be read on any smartphone, tablet or PC with the FREE Kindle App. What are you waiting for??!!
You can find the link here!
Monday, December 16, 2013
Yes, I'm referring to the New Year's Resolution. Regardless of the inevitable reminders to practice both global and personal reflection at the end of each year, I seldom make resolutions.
I'm not opposed to change, or even the turning over of a new leaf, I'm just opposed to the concept of obligatory, time-stamped promises.
We've been back in the Pacific NW for several months now, and it usually takes me a few months to get my sea legs after a big move. Major life changes like moves and new jobs also make me nostalgic a bit.
Instead of resolutions, I was considering doing a year in review but with a trip to Ireland, two graduations, a cross-country move and the loss of a beloved dog, it will probably stress most of you out just reading about it. Still, this is how my life tends to be - never a dull moment, and more varied life experiences than I could ever hope to set down in novel form.
Resolutions don't need to be date-specific, but you do have to believe that they can be accomplished, and making a choice just because everyone else says it's a good idea seldom motivates a person for long. Change has to come from within you, because it's something you want or need in a deep, visceral way. Real change is born out of real struggle that produces real decisions that affect real lives.
If you want to stop smoking, do it today. If you want to be more fit, don't wait for the end of Christmas party season or a gym membership, find a way to be more active every single day. There are countless little changes we can make that will result in great big differences down the road.
Life is short. Time is fleeting. Don't wait for the new year… Make it count. Make a difference.
Make it today.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I participated in this meme on Facebook, even though I don't usually do things like this, but I thought it was funny to share some amusing odd facts and thought I'd repost it here just for laughs!
- I used to sleep with Donny Osmond’s album cover under my pillow at night until I was in middle school… Or was it David Cassidy?
- I'm going to start training in Krav Maga because my secret desire is to be a general badass with the goal of being Steven Arnell’s sidekick some day.
- I did a lot of drugs when I was younger. This isn’t news to some of you (even my kids) but if you ever wonder why I’m just a little touch off, that’s probably it :)
- When I was three or four I could beat my siblings (who are 6, 8 and 9 years older than me) and most adults in a game of Concentration. I have still have something of a photographic memory, especially for sequences of numbers.
- I hate Ferris Wheels and spinning rides in general, and don’t really like roller coasters either, so when I go to an amusement park you’ll probably find me under a tree with a book (or floating in the lazy river if there’s a water park attached).
- When I die (likely from being Steven Arnell’s badass sidekick) instead of flowers, my children will lay bottles of warm Perrier and tins of Altoids on my grave.
- I have 22 tattoos.
- I once had to go to court for trespassing and having a bonfire on a private beach (see #3) and had to do several hours of community service.
- I can recite an embarrassingly large portion of Alice’s Restaurant (see #3)
- If you hit like on this post you won’t be punished for it and I will NOT send you a number and ask you to play...So like away!
Friday, November 15, 2013
- I'm in the final approval stages for a new cover design for Letters From The Ledge… I can't wait to reveal it and am super excited about it. I'm hoping by Christmas!
- Audio book still in the works as well. A few unavoidable delays on that, but it's coming soon!
- NaNoWriMo is birthing a whole new genre of writing for me…I'm in over my head by 22,000 words or so, thus far, and this new book is a complete departure for me. I'm writing in a style I've never written in before. It has dual plot lines both modern and medieval, and the characters and plot are both real and imagined. It's an adventure story, a love story, a world-changing story, and a life-saving story. It is both an inner struggle and an outer battle. It is…an epic undertaking… :) More than ever, I am learning to trust myself and go to new places with my writing. But those of you who know me well know I never do anything half-way, so why not embark on an epic adventure story three months after moving cross country for the 5th time? Lol. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
While you're surfing the web, why not check out something TRULY amazing like the hottest new music video by singer/songwriter Zachary Meyers. This will be three amazing minutes you won't want back, I promise!