Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rivers Of Ink



Went to the Rivers of Ink Writer's Conference this weekend. What a great opportunity to meet and network with other writers, to support one another and get to know the local community's creative folks!

Some of the workshops really helped define my goals for my writing career, others asked questions I hadn't even thought to ask of myself and the industry. All in all I came away with a lot to think about, and with NaNoWriMo almost upon me, I've got some real decisions to make!

If you're an aspiring writer I highly encourage you to attend a writer's conference. It's kind of like one stop shopping for everything you ever wanted to know about writing and publishing, but were maybe afraid to ask!

Thanks to all the organizers and speakers and facilitators who put on a great weekend! Once I sift through all my notes I'll share some of the things I learned!